New dates available for our highly successful VSAT Training course!
This 3-day training course aimed at ETOs, Chief Engineers or other similar positions, introduces the fundamentals of VSAT communications systems and TCP/IP networking essentials. Participants will gain hands-on experience by using real equipment on live satellite networks.
What you will learn:
- The basics of satellite communication and VSAT networks
- Onboard network troubleshooting techniques
- To describe and compare the parameters that characterise a VSAT service
- To understand the behaviour of marine VSAT systems under normal operation
- To perform simple maintenance on stabilised antennas to minimise downtime
- To operate and troubleshoot iDirect satellite routers
- To perform a satellite beam switch on ABS and non-ABS setups
- General troubleshooting of marine VSAT systems and identification of faults
The course is held at our head office in Palma de Mallorca. Our facilities include the Network Operations Centre, Central Data Centre and Satellite HUB. As part of the course you will be visiting our main teleport hosting a total of 23 satellite network uplink antennas ranging from 3.7m to 7.6m operating in C and Ku bands, as well as gaining hands on experience on a selection of the industry-standard marine stabilised antennas.
“Professional, friendly staff which makes for a great learning environment”
“I have recommended that all ETOs working onboard our vessel need to do this course. The instructor was fantastic.”
“Really enjoyed the course. Great Trainer!”
“Good class! Knowledgeable instructor! Thank you!”
Prerequisites: Some familiarity with IP networking & VSAT systems entry-level experience
Cost: €1.500 + VAT
March 5 – 7
April 23 – 25