This 3-day training course aimed at ETOs, Chief Engineers or other similar positions, introduces the fundamentals of VSAT communications systems and TCP/IP networking essentials. Participants will gain hands-on experience by using real equipment on live satellite networks.
What you will learn:
- The basics of satellite communications and VSAT networks
- Onboard network troubleshooting techniques
- To describe and compare the parameters that characterise a VSAT service
- To understand the behaviour of marine VSAT systems under normal operation
- To perform simple maintenance on stabilised antennas to minimize downtime
- To operate and troubleshoot iDirect satellite routers
- To perform a satellite beam switch on ABS and non-ABS setups
- General troubleshooting of marine VSAT systems and identification of faults
Prerequisites: Some familiarity with IP networking & VSAT systems entry-level experience
Dates: Available on request
Cost: €1.500 + VAT
The course is held at our head office in Palma de Mallorca which is a great facility for hands on testing. You will have the opportunity of visiting our main teleport hosting a total of 23 satellite network uplink antennas ranging from 7.6m to 3.7m operating in C and Ku bands, as well as a selection of the industry-standard marine stabilised antennas such as Sea Tel, Intellian and Sailor. You will have the opportunity to compare antennas from the different manufacturers. Our facilities include the Network Operations Centre, Central Data Centre and satellite HUB.
Interested in the VSAT Training course?